- The book was published 12 years ago.
- Barack was 33 when it was published and he is now 45.
- He was born in Hawaii and later moved to Indonesia.
- Barack’s full name is Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.
- Barack Sr. was from Kenya. He died when Barack was 21.
- Barack’s mother, Ann, was from Kansas. She died just after the book came out.
- Barack Sr. married Ann then later left when when Barack was two.
- Barack’s mother remarried an Indonesian man, Lolo. He also died when Barack was young.
- Barack has a half-sister, Maya.
So far the book is an enjoyable and informative read. I like how much empathy Mr. Obama possesses. It really is apparent when he is describing his parents life before he is born.